A vibrant, healthy and flavorful dish with a punch of heat. Fresh Ceviche is so easy to make. Serve with tortilla or veggie chips or on a salad. Low carb, gluten free and paleo!
prep time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
- 1 pound grouper fillets (or halibut, snapper, cod), diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 shallot, diced (or 1/4 cup red onion)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili garlic paste (or use chili powder and garlic to taste)
- Salt and pepper
- Place the diced fish in a bowl and cover with 3/4 of the lime juice. Toss well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. When ready to proceed, strain off the lime juice.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the veggies with the remaining lime juice. Stir in the fish and cilantro. Drizzle with olive oil and add chili garlic sauce. Gently toss.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with tortilla chips, kale or veggies chips, or a salad.