This quick spiced vegetable dish is inspired by the fresh flavors of India and can be made with all greens. This one packs a great nutritional punch!
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 ½ tsp mustard seed
- 1 tbsp dried curry
- a pinch chili flakes
- 4 red onions, thickly sliced
- 3.5oz fresh ginger, shredded (or 1 tsp powdered)
- 6 cups thin-stemmed broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4oz fresh or frozen grated coconut or 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- juice 2 limes
- Heat the oil in a large wok or saucepan set over a medium heat.
- Toss in the mustard seeds followed by the curry leaves (if you are using dried curry add this later on with the broccoli) and chili flakes.
- Swirl everything around until the leaves stop spluttering, then add the onions and ginger and fry for 3-4 mins over a high heat.
- Stir in the broccoli (and dried curry leaves if using) and continue frying over a high heat until just tender, stirring all the time.
- Scatter the coconut over (if you are using desiccated coconut, soak it in hot water for 5 mins before tipping into a sieve, draining away any liquid, and adding to the pan at the end of cooking).
- Stir to mix all, and then drizzle on the lime juice.