These can’t get any easier – and they pack a great punch of nutrition and great quick energy… Mango date energy balls are bite sized treats made from a blend of dates, mangos, cashews, and chia seeds. Just set aside 15 minutes to prep, and you’ll have one healthy snack that’s deliciously sweet and chewy.
PREP TIME: 15 mins
TOTAL TIME: 15 mins
SERVINGS: 18 servings (energy balls)
Serving size: 1 energy ball
10 dates, pitted
1 cup dried mango
1 cup raw cashews
2 tablespoon chia seeds
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add the pitted dates and dried mango to a food processor and pulse the mixture for 10 seconds, to break it down. Scrape down the sides, add the remaining ingredients, then blend again until the mixture is fairly smooth, with a slight bit of texture. It will likely start to roll around the food processor when it’s blended enough.
- Scoop a ball using a medium cookie scoop and roll it in between your hands. Then, place it on a plate. Continue this process until you’ve used up all the dough.
- To store: Place in an airtight container in the fridge or countertop for up to 2 weeks. For a softer texture, I suggest to leave them out at room temperature. For a more firm texture, place them in the fridge.
- To freeze: Place them in the freezer and use parchment paper in between so they don’t stick.
- If they’re soft and sticky when you roll them, you can roll them in additional shredded coconut or finely chopped nuts. You can also place them in the fridge to firm up and become less sticky.