WANTED: Rockstar Pilates Instructor
At Fairfax Pilates, we help people (mostly women) feel like an athlete again. Our athletic approach to Pilates addresses limitations, injuries and weaknesses so that we can work together in creating a strong, able body for our clients!
Unlike other studios that are snotty and judgmental, we welcome non-dancers into our community! We thrive on making women of all shapes and sizes feel beautiful, strong and empowered.
Located in the heart of downtown Fairfax, our charming studio is inside an old, Victorian house at the corner of Main St. and University Dr. (Next to De Clieu and across old City Hall). We are fully equipped with top of the line STOTT PILATES V2Max Reformers, Chairs, Barrels and more. Our group studio features 4 stations (V2Max, Chair, Arc Barrels and various small props) while our Private studio features a Cadillac, V2Max and a Ladder Barrel.
We are actively seeking another Rockstar Pilates instructor to join our team! But we aren’t just looking for someone who knows how to workout with clients. A “rockstar” instructor plays a key role in providing extreme client value and is committed to creating raving fans who show up, share their success, recruit their friends, and stick with the program.
What You’ll Own
- Conducting Introductory Assessments
- Leading Group Classes and Private Training Sessions
- Programming and modifying workouts
- Guiding the Client Journey
Outcomes You’ll Produce
- Excellent Customer Feedback ratings
- Referrals, online reviews, and membership renewals and upgrades
- Trending increase in average group class attendance
- Client retention
What You’ve Got to Have
- Certification - Must have completed Essential or Level 1 Training. We do not require that you have tested and are certified, but complete training is a must!
- Work Experience - Two years of industry experience is preferred, but more importantly… our instructors lead by example and must be able to effectively communicate complex movement repertoires without demonstration. Remember, Pilates is about helping your client perform the movement, not about whether or not YOU can do it perfectly. Instructors must possess empathetic and relatable qualities that allow them to connect with our diverse population of aging and “not so fit” clients.
- Schedule Flexibility - On-boarding for this position will require several hours of shadowing staff at different days and times throughout the week. Once officially hired, a more consistent schedule will be expected, but all team members are asked to remain flexible in their ability to attend meetings, pick-up training sessions, and cover shifts.
Bonus credentials for this position include:
- Wellness Living Software Experience
- Certified NASM Personal Trainer
- Nutrition Coach or Dietician
What's at your core
- Charismatic & Enthusiastic - Exercises a compelling charm and banter that inspires others. Exhibits passion and excitement for the work we do. Has a can-do attitude.
- Empathetic & Persuasive - Able to understand what someone is feeling, connect with them on their level, and convince them to pursue a suggested course of action.
- Well versed in movement - Strong understanding of biomechanics and skilled in both identifying and correcting form faults to provide appropriate exercise progressions.
- High Standards - Expects personal and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Adaptability - Adjusts quickly and copes effectively to changing priorities and conditions. Willing and ready to pivot and move where best serves the purpose and growth of the company.
- Coachability - Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback. Works on noted areas of improvement and makes noticeable changes or corrections.
- Teamwork - Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
What You’ll Get
This position has potential for +10hrs/week available immediately! Additional perks include:
- Competitive pay and growth opportunities (earn $25-45/hr plus bonuses)
- Annual CEC reimbursement $100
- Free classes; discounted services and retail
- Be part of an All-Star team with a clear mission, purpose, and core values
- Work and mentor with the founder of our area's #1 Pilates studio