Creamy velvety and chocolaty hummus that is not only delicious but healthy too! It is very easy and quick to make. Plus, it’s vegan and gluten-free.
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 can chickpeas cooked, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp water adjust depending on the consistency that you want
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor or blend, and blend until smooth.
- Gradually add more water if needed to thin out the Brownie Batter Hummus, but don’t add too much.
- Spread in a bowl, and garnish with your favorite toppings, bits of fruit, chocolate chips, etc.
- Serve immediately or after it is chilled in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Eat with a spoon like a dough/batter, pair with fruits, or use with pretzels, crackers or rice cakes. Anything goes!
- You can store it in the refrigerator in a tightly closed container for up to 5 days, or until it starts having a sour smell.
- It freezes well and defrosts overnight in the refrigerator. Therefore, you can keep it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Almond butter can be substituted with any other seed or nut butter.